If you’re looking for fun ways to create your menu this Christmas, why not try these Iced Sugar Cookies for a dash of fairytale Christmas in your dessert/snacks this festive season.
If you’ve been victimized by the cardboard taste the iced sugar cookies give, well, that’s about to change now because the recipe for this festive cut-out sugar cookies will be filled with a buttery sweet taste that will keep the memory of 2020 Christmas alive in you.
With no further ado, here is the recipe for festive cut-out iced sugar cookies to try this season:
Bakes about 24 cookies
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1¾ teaspoons of baking powder
A pinch of fine sea salt
2 sticks of softened unsalted butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Get a clean medium bowl and sift the flour into it. Then add baking powder and salt, whisk them gently together to mix.
2. Cream the butter with sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix them for approx 4 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix the egg and vanilla then add to the butter and sugar mixture. Ensure the mixture is well combined by scraping the side of the bowl evenly mixing the ingredients into the mixture.
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until the dough is formed and well kneaded. Place the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. After preheating the oven at 350°F for about 4 minutes. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to ½ inch thick. Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut the dough into your favorite festive shapes e.g star, then transfer the cookies to an ungreased baking sheet(ensure your ungreased baking sheet has been placed in a baking tray before cutting)
5. Place the cut-out cookies into the oven using your favorite baking tray, then bake for about 10 – 12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges. Rotate the pan when halfway through baking for an even baking. Transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack, and let them completely cool down, then decorate and serve.
By: Lola Joseph
Disclaimer: Please note that nutritional value and recipe are excerpt from online, please consult your nutritionist for accurate information or if you’re trying a new recipe.
Disclaimer: Please note that we do run affiliate links on our website, this simply means we earn commission of whatever you buy and does not affect you as a customer in anyway.