Looking for autumnal snack/dessert inspiration?, look no further but into Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, it’s fluffy, creamy, sweet with cakey texture. If you’re looking for ways to treat yourself or entertain this autumn-winter season then this pumpkin cookie recipe will not let you down.
It takes approximately 20-30 mins and can be paired with your favourite beverages or as a dessert in a three-course meal. It’s a recipe that will give you a reason to fall in love with the autumn season again, the spicy creamy taste makes it go so quickly if not served in the bunch.
Serves approximately 15 cookies
To Make The Cookies:
2 1/2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground clove
1 cup (227) canned pumpkin puree
2 large (100g) eggs
½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (198g) granulated sugar
To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting:
¼ cup (56g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
Pinch of kosher salt
½ cup (114g) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
Splash of vanilla extract
1. Spray your lined (with baking paper) baking tray with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 163°C.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, grounded clove, grounded nutmeg, grounded allspice and grounded ginger in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
3. Thoroughly mix the sugar and eggs in a large bowl for approx 1 min until smooth, add the oil, vanilla, pumpkin puree and whisk until well mixed. Now add the mixture into the set-aside flour mix (the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients), mix until it forms a well-combined batter with no lumps.
4. Mould the batter into medium size round shape cookies using your hands and cookie cutters and line them in a baking tray with at least 2 inches of space and prepare to bake.
5. Bake the cookies for approximately 13 – 15 mins until your cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cookies. When baked, set aside in a serving tray, and leave to cool while you make the frosting.
6. To make the cream cheese frosting, mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer at a medium speed. Start mixing with cream cheese and butter first(approx 1 min) then add the vanilla and salt, after this, while it’s still mixing at a low speed this time, add the confectioners’ sugar and continue mixing until a thick, smooth, and fluffy frosting is made.
7. Finally use your favourite butter knife or icing piping bag to frost the cookies, serve and keep any leftovers in a freezer bag at room temperature or keep in the fridge.
Shop the Ingredients:
Organic Plain White Flour 1.5kg
Made Without Baking Powder 120g
Ground Cinnamon Fairtrade Organic 35g
Burford Brown Large Free Range Eggs 6 per pack
Large Madagascan Vanilla Extract 95ml
Tate & Lyle
Artisan Mixer 175 tilt-head mixer
9 Piece Icing Bag Set with 8 Nozzles