Hair masks, hair serums and what’s not, all these effort is to aid a healthy bouncy hair. What about the multivitamins that aid hair growth and healthy boucy hair. If you ask me, I’m for anything that will help me glow, strengthen my nails, of course lengthen and strenghten my hair.
Do these hair growth supplement really work? according to Dr Zenon Andreou of from superdrug online doctor, “If your hair loss is a result of poor diet or a nutritional deficiency, hair growth supplements may help.”
Sometimes if not most times, hair loss can occur due to poor diet, lack of rest(stress), medical conditions and so on , then if you take hair growth supplement in this circumstances, it will greatly improve your overall hair growth. But if you’re the type that’s down with green smoothie every morning, maintaining a healthy balance diet, then it’s possible that taking hair supplement won’t help much because you’re already healthy.
Therefore, it’s adviced to always maitain a healthy eating habit that contain vitamins like Iron, Protein, Vitamin B and Zinc, not forgetting to hydrate every now and then during your day to night routine and exercising. These healthy lifestyle will help maintain a healthty bouncy full hair, but in terms of growing it, I don’t think mother nature will let your hair grow longer than you’re already born with.
The important point I will like to draw your attention to, is that life is full of ups and downs, there are times where we are able to follow our normal healthy lifestyle and there seasons of additional stress we all should also learn to take control o, so if taking multivatimins to help strengthen your body immune system during this time then please go for it. When the season of stress shows up, ‘I am holier than though’ which means I am more closer to God, that’s when I exercise more, eat and drink healthy meal. I don’t go near alchohol because I am already vulnerable and it’s always good to have friends and family around, during this time. Please don’t forget stress season is only temporary, it will go away ones the stressor is dealt with.
So What Types Of Hair Growth Supplements And Ingrediets Should You Opt For?:
There are different types of hair growth you should go for depending on what you want and most importantly what your doctor advise. There are plant extract vitamins and there are herbal supplements that can aid hair growth and maintain healthy hair.
Moreso, when opting for these hair growth supplements, make sure they contain these vital nutrients:
- Iron: Can be derived from vegetables like spinach, lentils, fish and so on helps with blood supply to the hair follicles.
- Vitamin A: Can be derived from carrots, pumpkin e.t.c. which helps the body to produce sebum oil that conditions the scalp.
- Vitamin B: Can be derived from blueberries, kiwis, sweet potato, and oranges. They are great source of antioxidant that helps the body absorb Iron, produce collagen and fight against free radicals.
- Vitamin D: Can be derived from oily fish, eggs, and mushrooms. Vitamin D also help to reduce stress and depression.
- Vitamin E: Can be derived from nuts and helps protect your hair from sun damage.
- Zinc: Zince helps regulate the DHT (dihydrotestosterone) level an hormone that can cause hair loss if it’s too much in the body. Zinc can be derived from sesame seeds, eggs, nuts, and fish.
- Amino acids: Can be derived from meat, eggs, and dairy products. Amino acid help the body to produce keratin that grows hair.
- Omega acids (especially omega-3 fatty acids): Can be derived from oily fish, avocado, and pumpkin seeds. The body cannot produce omega acids by it self, it can only be derived from healthy diet. Omega – 3 acids helps the body to produce oils that keep your scalp healthy and hydrated.
You’re advised that we are not doctors or nutritionist in Covet Magazine, so it’s always advisable to check with your doctor before taking any supplements. Moreso, avoid taking too much or too little of these supplements.
Finally, there are also special supplements that’s been seen mostly in our favourite and popular vitamins they are Nourkrin and Biotin. Nourkrin promotes hair growth by maintaining the health of your hair follicles, it’s derived from fish extract called marilex. Although not suitable for those who are allergic to fish or shell fish, pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin also known as vitamin H or coenzyme R which is derived from fish or pulses. It can also be found in wholegrains, eggs, liver and yeast. It prevents brittle hair.