10 KEY MOMENTS OF BEYONCE’S CAREER
CELEBRATE QUEEN BEY
There’s no denying the force that is Beyonce Knowles from her early days in Destiny’s Childs to now one of the biggest superstars in the world, Queen Bey is a role model and cultural icon that continues to inspire and affect change. As we celebrate Beyonce’s 34th birthday, we take a look back at 10 of the most definitive key moments of the singer’s career and life in the spotlight.
Beyonce joined Destiny’s Child, formerly a group called Girls Tyme with Kelly Rowland, LaTavia Robertson, and La Toya Luckett; of which their second studio album ‘The Writings on The Wall’ released ‘Bills, Bills, Bills’ that hit the number 1 spot on the Billboard countdown.
- Destiny’s Child released the soundtrack ‘Independent Women’ for the movie Charlie’s Angels that went on the Billboard chart for 11 straight weeks.
- Beyonce ventured Hollywood with a role as Foxxy Cleopatra alongside Mike Myers in Austin Powers: Goldmember
- In 2002, Destiny’s Child took a break to focus on their own solo records, and this is also the year where Beyonce collaborated with JayZ on the mega hit ’03 Bonnie and Clyde’ – sparked rumors of their relationship after.
- Beyonce released her first solo debut album ‘Dangerously In Love‘, of which her first single ‘Crazy in Love’ won her first five solo Grammy Awards.
- In 2004, she teamed up with her mother Tina Knowles to launch a fashion house called House of Dereon.
- The artist gave birth to Blu Ivy Carter, in January 2012. Months earlier the singer announced her pregnancy in the most glamorized way- at the 2011 VMAs after her performance.
- November 2012 is when she first joined Instagram, with a photo supporting Obama’s re-election campaign.
- Beyonce was awarded the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the VMAs 2014 by her husband Jay Z, who joined on stage along with her daughter Blu.
Written by Haida Yusof
Edited by: Anne-Isabelle Saint-Pierre