Due to the lockdown, most couples are going to result to date night at home but apart from netflix and chil idea, you can also arrange a simple romantic dinner at home with your loved one. When opting for a menu, romantic meals like salmon, chicken and lamb chops are always adviced. Today we are focusing on pomegranate maple glazed lamb chops – that sweet and salty taste from the tender lamb is worth looking forward to. The menu is easy to make and it only takes up to 8 minutes. The ingredients are easy to find and they will be linked below for easy shopping.
Romantic dinner at home doesn’t mean you’ve to settle for a takeout, you can set the mood with a deem light, romantic music with a bottle of wine and put this easy recipe togehter for a good memory.
Here is the recipe you should make for your BAE on a romantic evening like Valentine’s Day:
Serves Up To 6
For The Lamb Chops:
2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
¾ teaspoon of dry mustard
Kosher salt and freshly grounded black pepper
1 garlic clove
¼ cup of chopped fresh mint
Twelve 3-ounce lamb chops
For The Salad:
Juice of one lemon
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
One 4-ounce bag of baby spinach
½ cup of pomegranate seeds
1 cup of sliced toasted almonds
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup of roughly torn mint leaves
½ thinly cut red onion
1. Pre-heat your grill or grill pan over high heat while you wash and prep your lamb chops. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Whisk the olive oil, maple syrup and pomegranate molasses together in a small bowl along with your grated garlic and dry mustard.
3. Then brush both sides of each lamb chop with the glaze and keep the left over glaze. It’s time to grill the lamb chops in batches. Cook until golden brown(we’re looking for a burnt and blackened consistency) flipping each one at a time. Now brush in the left over glaze, for about 4 minutes per side then place aside in a clean serving plate.
4. It’s time to make the salad. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a clean large bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, then add the spinach, thinly cut red onion, the silced toasted almonds, mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.
5. Serve the lamb chops with the salad ensuring all ingredients in the salad are included and don’t forget to present your meal with chopped mint sprinkled on top.
Shop The Ingredients
Happy Valentines Day!