When you work, with children, and projects to keep up with, you will learn that having breakfast can be daunting. From shuffling between shoving the children into the minivan, to last-minute moisturizing, and drowning a last cup of coffee whilst thinking of it’s health benefit can be a lot for busy mornings. So We decided to come up with breakfast idea for on-the-go. This breakfast idea is so easy to make and delicious, that you’ll thank us later.
IT’S THE BACON, EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST MUFFINS:
Call the day a delicious day with the combination of Egg sandwiches and muffins. It is the most epic breakfast recipe of all time. Baking a savory bacon – and – cheese muffin with egg tucked in it. It’s a simple method that can easily be done. (Pro tip: Get yourself a jumbo muffin pan.)
6 large muffins
8 ounces bacon, chopped
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1¼ cups buttermilk
1 cup chopped scallions
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the cavities of a six-cup jumbo muffin pan.
2. Place the eggs in a medium pot and cover with water by half an inch. Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil. Once it boils, remove from the heat and cover the pot. Let the eggs sit for 10 to 11 minutes.
3. Drain the eggs and run cold water over them. Let them cool completely and then peel and discard the shells.
4. While the eggs cook, heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until golden brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper towels and let cool completely.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper to combine. In a separate bowl, mix the vegetable oil with the buttermilk to combine.
6. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, and mix to combine. Fold in the cooled bacon, the scallions and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
7. Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup a third of the way full (about 3 tablespoons).
8. Place a peeled egg into each cup on top of the batter and press it slightly into the batter. Divide the remaining batter evenly among the cups and press gently around the egg to cover fully.
9. Sprinkle 4 teaspoons cheddar cheese on top of each muffin and then bake until the cheese is melted and golden, 17 to 20 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving.