Face rollers are known to be beauty tools that are used to gently massage the face, stimulate the lymphatic system which leads to a decrease in face puffiness, ease tension and stimulate blood flow to increase your skin’s glow. Blood flow allows oxygen and nutrients to be carried to the skin cells around the face which enhances skin health. Lymphatic drainage is the removal of water retention within the skin cells which leads to a toned refined skin muscle.
Face rollers are made out of gemstones like jade, rose quartz, e.t.c. and usually come with a handle and a smooth roller at one end or two ends. In addition, research has also shown that face rolling lowers cortisol levels, and cortisol contributes towards aging. The best way to calm your skin after treatments like micro-needling e.t.c. is with the use of a face roller.
How can face rollers be used? they can be used by rolling it upward and outward on the face from the side of the nose, under the cheekbone, and upward towards the ear. Then moving to under the eyes rolling upward and towards the temples. It’s important to note that when using face rollers, moving them upward outwards against gravity is good, and incorporating them into your daily beauty routine will give your face a well-sculpted look. In addition, it’s good to note that using a chilled or cold face roller helps tighten the pores and wakes a tired face while using it warm calms a weary face. It’s the last step in any skincare routine and can be used in all seasons.
Moreso, when using your face rollers always use them with a good face moisturizer, serum, face oil, or sheet mask for ease of rolling and to allow deep penetration of your products. Face rollers can be used in the morning or at night and should be used cold or warm. They can be refrigerated to keep them cold or deep in the hot water to keep them warm just before rolling them on the face (however soothes your mood).
Finally, the key points to hold on to when using your face roller are:
1. Never roll up and down, always roll upwards outwards and in one direction
2. Repetitive rolling on each area of the face is advised (at least up to five upward rolls in each area and always roll outwards under the jawline to the ear).
3. Always roll upwards on the forehead against gravity and roll flat along the brows
4. Always roll the face roller out under the cheekbones towards the ear.
5. Don’t forget to roll slowly upward direction on the neck and jawline, and a brisk firm movement on the cheekbones and under the cheekbones is a good habit.
6. Always keep your face roller clean and in the refrigerator.
By Lola Joseph
Disclaimer: Please note that we do run affiliate links on our website, this simply means we earn a commission of whatever you buy and does not affect you as a customer in any way.