If you’re looking for ways to take your pasta recipe to the next level, then try this ‘vegan sun-dried tomato, basil, and balsamic bucatini recipe’ this summer.
Sometimes not all pasta recipe has to contain cheese, butter, and cream, there are days we would love a clean bowl of pasta dish with fewer calories but not forfeiting flavour. So what’s the secret to this ‘vegan sun-dried tomato, basil, and balsamic bucatini recipe’? – It’s ‘The Balsamic Vinegar’ that adds a rich tangy taste to the overall dish.
4 – 5 Servings
284g of dried bucatini. You can also use other long noodles like spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, and so on
1 medium-sized diced red onion
100g of drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
298g of quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
2½ cups of chopped baby spinach
1½ bunch of chopped fresh basil for cooking and serving
3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
3 large minced garlic cloves
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of salted water, add the pasta and allow it to cook following the package cooking instructions. Don’t forget to set aside one cup of pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a non-stick skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil and saute the diced red onion for approx. 3 minutes until translucent and softened.
- While the onion is softened, add the garlic and allow to cook for another 1 min to 2 mins, then go ahead and add the cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and vinegar. Cook them together for 10 mins – 20 mins ensuring the tomatoes are well softened and close to being jammy.
- Stir the spinach into the sauce until the leaves become tender, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pasta water to loosen up the sauce if it becomes too sticky or thick, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, drain the pasta from the pot, ensuring it’s well cooked. then add the pasta to the sauce and stir them all in allowing all the pasta to be well coated with the sauce. At this point, if the mixture is too sticky or too thick, you can add the pasta water as needed to loosen it to your taste, and add the basil and some more pepper for more flavour.
- Serve and enjoy