Turkey is sure the mighty, big, bold lady that will occupy the center of the table at any Christmas party, so we’re definitely not leaving out the golden beautiful turkey. But what will make a difference in any Christmas party menu this year 2022 is adding beautiful roasted melting sweet potatoes as a side dish for your guests and families.
Roasted sweet potatoes during the holiday season are so comforting, and cozy goodness on a plate. To celebrate this palette-melting goodness, we’re making it caramelised with maple syrup for extra sweetness and parmesan cheese for that sweet-salty taste without the cloying.
To avoid the cloying taste of caramelised sweet potatoes, we’re going to be giving the sweet potatoes a light glaze of unsalted butter and maple syrup just to give the balance between the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes, maple syrup, and richness in parmesan cheese.
So if you’re looking for a new side dish to add to your holiday repertoire, these melting sweet potatoes, are the way to go. They are called melting because they are tender, salty-sweet, rich, and easily melt in your mouth. The good thing about this recipe is that it will go with anything on any Christmas menu, especially the mighty turkey. Just ensure you do not peel the skin from the sweet potatoes, and if you’d rather make them vegan, then just add coconut oil instead of butter.
Ready to discover the recipe? Let’s go!:
Servings: 12, Prep Time: 10mins, Cook Time: 40mins, Total Time: 50 mins
6 medium Sweet Potatoes
6 tablespoons of unsalted Butter – Melt for easy glazing / Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons of Nutmeg/Cinnamon – Grounded
¼ teaspoon of Salt – This is optional if the cheese is enough salt for you
½ cup of Vegetable Broth
¼ cup of Maple Syrup
½ cup of Parmesan Cheese – Grated
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- wash and cut the sweet potatoes into halves, then cut the halves into another half and place them in lined baked sheets
- Add the butter, nutmeg or cinnamon, and salt, toss the mixture for well-coated sweet potatoes then place in the oven. Bake for approx. 40mins
- 20 mins half through the baking, flip the potatoes to the other side, then drizzle a little glaze of maple syrup and vegetable broth on top to give them an even caramelised finish.
- Then bake for another 20mins, until the sweet potatoes are caramelised, and the maple is faint and sizzling. Ensure they’re fork-tender too.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, and neatly spread them on a platter, drizzle the sauce from the baking sheet on top, along with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 305kcal, Carbohydrates: 46.8g, Protein: 4.1g, Fat: 12.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.3g, Cholesterol: 15.3mg, Sodium: 158.9mg, Fiber: 4.4g, Sugar: 17.5g – Please note this information is an approximation and exact, It will vary based on the cooking method and specific ingredients used, and please contact your nutrionist for advice if you’re allergic as we are not medical professionals here at Covet Magazine
Shop The Ingredients & Tools:
Pure Canadian Maple Syrup 330g
30 Month Parmigiano Reggiano Grated 60g
Non-Stick Reusable Extra Thick Oven Liner
Collier 3 Piece Baking Tray Set
Montanez Bamboo Chopping Board