The final thing to do before the autumn-winter season ends is ‘Sking’. This time of the season is when we usually go for a ski break either during the weekend or a week off work.
According to Wikipedia, Skiing is the use of skis to glide on snow. There are many things to do when on ski break, from dog sledding, Alpine Coasters, to ice climbing e.t.c. you’ll definitely have fun.
In as much as the idea of going Ski break is fun to hear, but, what to wear? Yes, going on Ski break comes with its own outfits, you want to climb the ice and go on slopes in style and definitely, not break the bank whilst doing it.
Shopping for the right skiwear (clothing suitable for wear while skiing) for your next ski break can be a calculative action, you need to make sure what you buy is able to keep your body temperature regulated because as ironically, as this can be, you can overheat even at an icy destination. Your skiwear also needs to protect you from elements in the environment – something to wicks moisture, that dries fast and is breathable to simply put. And the key to keeping warm is layering, ensuring the garments you put together work well together – for example, starting with a light soft cashmere as an inner layer and so on.
Nowadays, many brands from luxury to high street are now coming up with new styles in skiwear and they all have multiple functionalities from lightweight, stretchable, breathable e.t.c. Some come in bold bright colors which I think can be celebrated this season, some in retro designs e.t.c.
In case you don’t know what to pack when going on a Ski break, here is a quick list of the gear and skiwear you need;
- Thermal layers (fleece or lamb’s wool) of jumpers to keep warm and snug
- Waterproof, breathable ski pants
- Ski gloves
- Sunglasses for glare (if desired)
- Ski helmet
- Ski boots (unless you plan to hire when you get there)
- Any required protective gear or knee braces
- Avalanche safety gear such as transceiver, beacon, shovel, probe, backpack (if skiing off-piste)
- Ski jacket (it may be a good idea to wear this on the plane to save on weight if flying)
- Walking boots which you can also wear for traveling.
Disclaimer: Please note that we do run affiliate links on our website, this simply means we earn a commission of whatever you buy and does not affect you as a customer in any way.