If you’re looking for food inspiration as the autumn-winter season concludes this February 2023, it will be lobster risotto, although known as a romantic menu, it’s so delicious I will advise you to make it every night before spring emerges.
The recipe is very easy to put together, just make sure you use fresh lobster tails or raw king prawns when making it, this will allow the flavour from the prawns/lobster to enhance the overall meal. It’s not only limited to nightly meals for you but can be part of any dinner party menu if you have any coming up this month.
Finally, this meal is very healthy and very low in calories, starting from lobster tails with 170 calories per 100g, king prawns with 115 calories per 100g to risotto rice with 130 calories per 100g.
Approximate Total Cook Time: 1hr 45mins
1 cup arborio rice
6 small or 3 large lobster tails Or Two packs of fresh king prawns
3½ cups of seafood or chicken broth
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
3 mince garlic cloves
1½ thinly chopped sweet onions
1½ zested and juiced lemons
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
9 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Over medium heat, boil salted water in a medium-sized pot, while the water is boiling drop the lobster tails in the pot, and allow the lobster tails to cook for approx. 12mins, 16 mins for large lobster tails until they turn red ensuring the lobster meat is well cooked. When cooked, drain the water, remove the shells, and reserve the meat. If you’re using fresh king prawns you can wash them and set them aside at this stage.
- Using the same pot, ensure it’s well rinsed, and place it on the stove under medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add onions, and allow it to saute for approx. 5 – 7 mins until translucent, after this, add garlic and cook for another 1½ mins.
- At this point, you can add the rice, allowing it to cook for up to 3 mins stirring constantly as it cooks, while stirring, stir in the lemon zest and the juice and allow it to simmer.
- Now add the broth ½ cup at a time, allowing the mixture to bubble while continually stirring it, when the broth is absorbed, add another ½ cup until it’s again absorbed, and repeat this process until all the broth is used and absorbed.
- Grab a medium-sized pan place it under medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter, add thyme, and cook (4 – 5 mins) until fragrant, add the lobster tails or the fresh king prawns, tossing the mixture every now and again until well heated, approx. 3 – 4 mins.
- You can now remove the risotto pot at this point, stir in 2 tablespoons of butter and the parmesan cheese, and finally, season with salt and pepper.
- Split the risotto into three plates, place 3 or more lobster tails/giant prawns on top, add 3 – 4 tablespoons of the thyme butter on each plate, then serve.
Shop The Ingredients:
Market St Raw Peeled King Prawns 150g
Lobster Tails & King Prawns Frozen 290g
Unsalted Butter 250g
Was £2.50 Now £2.25
Organic Brown Onions 750g
Arborio Risotto Rice 1kg
Lemons 5 per pack
Was £1.50 Now £1.20
Broth 24hr Organic Chicken Bone Broth 324g
Parmigiano Reggiano 150g
Was £4.70 Now £3.70
British Growing Thyme
Sea Salt Tub 570g
Black Pepper Corns Grinder 35g